Annual Report/Financial Information

Cure AMD Foundation™ has been approved and verified by the IRS as a 501(c)(3), non-profit, charitable organization, with public charity status.  We provide the scientific hypothesis, research, and writings of Dr. Knobbe and associated colleagues, free of charge wherever possible.  We have no revenue stream associated with providing this revolutionary hypothesis and supportive research, which is provided in the form of free content, written for both physicians, ophthalmologists, optometrists, vision scientists, and the public alike.  We provide free educational seminars, videos, and where possible, audio content, without charge.  Books in print are offered for the cost of production plus credit card transaction fee, and shipping, while the ebook is currently available for the minimum fee of a credit card transaction.  

Our organization provides this information, including free web-based content, live presentations, presentation videos, presentation transcripts, research reviews and other services for altruistic, humanitarian purposes.  That is, it is our intent to save vision from the ravages of AMD, to enhance health, and to improve the quality of lives, on a worldwide basis.

It is our collective belief that, by providing our services and content for free, some of those who benefit, as well as some philanthropic organizations, will return with charitable contributions.  This, of course, will help us to further spread this message and, additionally, will provide for Dr. Knobbe and colleagues to complete further research, strengthening support for the hypothesis.  This will undoubtedly convince more ophthalmologists, optometrists, and vision scientists, leading to widespread adoption of the principles and philosophy originally put forth by Dr. Knobbe. 

To confirm our 501(c)(3) status, our IRS approval letter is available by clicking the link below: 

Download our IRS 501(c)(3) Approval Letter (Click Here)

To review our 2017 IRS Tax Return, which is IRS form 990-N, for 501(c)(3) organizations with less than $50,000 in annual revenue, click the link below:

Download our 2017 IRS Form 990-N Tax Return (Click Here)

To confirm our status as a 501(c)(3)  as well as our NTEE Classification (National Taxonomy of Exempt Entities) as an “Eye Research” organization, without any assets, click the following link to view our status with the independent organization, Charity Navigator.

Since February 26th, 2015, Chris Knobbe, MD, our Founder and President, has worked full-time for as well as  privately funded approximately 93% of the business overhead of Cure AMD Foundation™, with the remaining 7% supported by charitable contributions. 

None of the Cure AMD Foundation™ principals, including Founder, Dr. Knobbe and/or Board Members, consisting of Executive Director, Charlie Collins, Vice-President, Renee Hughes, and Treasurer, Lisa Perry, MBA, have ever received any compensation, monetary or otherwise, for their positions with the Foundation.  Each has committed their time, efforts, and in some cases, personal funds, to help bring this content to you.

Charitable contributions made to Cure AMD Foundation™ are deductible to the full extent of the law.  If you and/or your organization believe in and support our cause, please consider making a generous contribution to our Foundation.  Your gift will improve lives – and save vision.